The Melbourne auction market recorded a 72 percent auction clearance rate (based on REIV data), up from 66 percent last week.
This result is based on 300 auctions reported across Melbourne. 157 homes were sold at auction, 58 before auction with 85 homes passed in (31 on a vendor bid). 22 homes were withdrawn from sale.
The sales figures come as 10 hotspot suburbs across Melbourne were put back into Stage 3 lockdown.
Homes in those suburbs slated for on street auctions were either moved online, to private sale or withdrawn for the time being.
The Melbourne hotspot suburbs include those in the postcodes of:
- 3012 Brooklyn, Kingsville, Maidstone, Tottenham, West Footscray
- 3021 Albanvale, Kealba, Kings Park, St Albans
- 3031 Flemington, Kensington
- 3032 Ascot Vale, Highpoint City, Maribyrnong, Travancore
- 3038 Keilor Downs, Keilor Lodge, Taylors Lakes, Watergardens
- 3042 Airport West, Keilor Park, Niddrie
- 3046 Glenroy, Hadfield, Oak Park
- 3047 Broadmeadows, Dallas, Jacana
- 3051 North Melbourne
- 3055 Brunswick South, Brunswick West, Moonee vale, Moreland West
- 3060 Fawkner
- 3064 Craigieburn, Donnybrook, Mickelham, Roxburgh Park, Kalkallo
Late on Saturday afternoon, the postcodes of 3051 and 3031 were added to the lockdown list as of midnight 4th July.
With cases of COVID-19 on the rise, time will tell whether further suburb lockdowns will be mandated.
Looking to sell in Melbourne and concerned about doing so in the current climate? Talk to me what your next steps should be and whether now is the right time to sell your home or investment property.
Give me a call on 03 9686 2288 to discuss how I can help. I offer a free consultation, so why not call today?
By Wendy Chamberlain
Copyright 2020 | All Rights Reserved
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE?
You can as long as you include the following (links must be active):
With a passion for all things real estate spanning over 20 years, Wendy loves that her role as a Buyers Agent and Sellers Advocate gives her buying and selling clients an experienced voice they can trust when it comes to negotiating to buy or sell something as important as their home or investment. Wendy considers it a privilege to be asked to help others realise such an important goal as home ownership and to be trusted with that honour. Get in touch today via www.wendychamberlain.com.au for a no obligation chat about how Wendy can work with you and help you save time and money to secure your new home sooner.